Shree K.R.Katara Arts College, Shamlji
(Society for Creation of Opportunities through Proficiency in English)
SCOPE envisions achieving excellence through convenience, affordability, equity, inclusivity and accessibility to gauge the English language skills among the youth of Gujarat and thereby empower them to hone and accentuate their skills so as to open up new horizon of opportunities for them
1. SCOPE provides clear learning outcomes, detailed instruction, and assessment for all examinations. SCOPE is strived to maintain utmost security and integrity in the examination process. SCOPE is to reach to the maximum number of youth across Gujarat to create awareness to learn English Language.
2. SCOPE offers English Examinations in association with Cambridge English assessment, part of Cambridge university that assist the youth of Gujarat in clarifying and achieving their educational and career goals
3. To imbibe reading, listening and speaking skills of Elglish language among the youth of Gujarat for achieving opportunity through proficiency in English Language. SCOPE empowers its trainer to provide a learning environment that is innovative, engaging, compassionate and supportive. SCOPE is providing equal access to opportunities and resources among the youth of Gujarat who wish to learn English
1. To build English language proficiency in the youth of Gujarat and thereby to create employment opportunities for them.
2. To aid and promote advancement of communication skills in English by imparting training to the youth of 15-35 years of age group
3. To imbibe reading, listening and speaking skills of English language among the youth of Gujarat for achieving opportunity through proficiency in English Language.
4. To achieve excellence through convenience, affordability, equity, inclusivity and accessibility.
5. To enhance the employability and to showcase the proficiency of English, SCOPE has roped in Cambridge English, part of the University of Cambridge, UK as the assessment and certification partner.
6. To reach to the maximum number of youth across Gujarat to create awareness among the youth of Gujarat to learn English Language.
CEPT (Cambridge English Placement Test)
The CEPT test is a computer-based, online test divided for Reading and Listening.
The Cambridge English Placement Test (CEPT) is a fast, accurate and affordable online test designed to evaluate learners’ level of English and relate it to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) Pre A1 -C2. It is developed by the Cambridge English Language Assessment.
CEPT is an online test of General English used for candidate placement purposes. The 30-minute test focuses on the skills of Reading, Use of English and Listening. CEPT is an adaptive test, so, based on the students’ answers, the test becomes progressively easier or more difficult until a consistent level of ability is achieved, and the students’ level of English can be identified. The results are instant, presented in a clear, easy-to-understand report. The score is based on a scale from 0 to 50 converted into the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) from below A1 to C levels.
CEPT (Cambridge English Placement Test) is a General English test for an initial evaluation of the candidates’ language knowledge from below A1 to C levels of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR)
The test reliability, safety and flexibility are the major benefits to the user. It gives to the customer a ready-to-use evaluation tool, and it helps avoiding all stages of preparation, printing, administration and correction of the test.
Types of questions- Reading tasks
Read and select
Candidates read a notice, label, memo or letter containing a short text and choose the sentence or phrase that most closely matches the meani
ng of the text. There are three possible answers
Candidates read a sentence with a missing word (gap) and choose the correct
word to fill the gap. There are three or four choices for each gap.
Candidates choose the right word or phrase to fill the gaps in a text.
There are three or four choices for each gap.
Candidates read a short text in which there are some missing words (gaps) and write in the missing word in each gap.
Candidates read a longer text and answer a series of multiple-choice questions.
The questions are in the same order as the information in the text.
Types of questions- Listening tasks
Listen and select
Candidates listen to a short audio recording and answer a multiple-choice question with three options
Candidates listen to a longer recording and answer a series of multiple-choice questions based on it.
The questions are in the same order as the information they hear in the recording
Our College has implemented SCOPE since the academic year: 2007-8. Numbers of enrolled students are shown in the table.
Name of the capacity development and skills enhancement program
Date of implementation